Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Chevron Artwork

Okay! So i wanted to make my house feel more updated, and I have been obsessed with chevron (zig-zag) as of late. I decided to make my own artwork and paint a chevron canvas.

All i did was..
Buy a canvas at michaels and two colors of cheap acrylic pain (or just one if you want one of the colors to be white). i got a dark greige (grey/beige) and a light ivory. i divided the width of the canvas by 4 (because it was easy) and marked it off on the top and bottom of the canvas. I then made 6 marks along the side, each an equal distance apart. At every mark on the side of the canvas, I went across and made a mark under the marks at the top/bottom of the canvas. So i made a grid-type thing. i then connected the dots...the first mark on the side with the first mark on the top, then then went across the canvas going up and down. I did that for all rows. Then I taped along the lines I made when i connected the dots and framed the three grey rows. I painted a few coats and let it dry completely. I then taped off the opposite lines and painted the cream. 
Did that make any sense at all???? please ask if you have any questions!!

No comments:

Post a Comment