Tuesday, February 8, 2011

crafting!

Well, the snow found us and we've been staying warm inside but trying not to go stir crazy!

For awhile now, Zaney's been asking me to tie his blanket around his neck so he can "fly". I decided I would sew the boys more official SUPER HERO capes. I googled kids capes and found THIS tutorial. It was pretty easy to follow but for the most part I just made my own pattern. It was a fairly inexpensive project. I let Zane pick out the colors for his cape and bought felt squares for super cheap at JoAnns. I wanted the capes to be reversible for more play options. You can always count on their coupons to help keep your project cost down. I really love how these turned out. I only wish I took a picture of the other side (a batman symbol). I finished these pretty quick (two nights, I worked after the boys went down) I love that I was able to crank these out and see how excited the boys were for a new 'dress up' :)

 now my boys can SAVE THE WORLD!

No comments:

Post a Comment